The Bredin SMB Pulse
The Bredin SMB Pulse omnibus survey provides monthly research on a national sample of small and midsized businesses (SMBs). This shared-cost research provides fast, cost-effective survey results when you don’t have the time, budget or need for a full custom research study.
Each month, the Bredin SMB Pulse survey delivers responses from 500 principals – such as owners, founders, managing directors, partners, CEOs and presidents – at:
- 250 companies with 1 to 19 employees
- 150 companies with 20 to 99 employees
- 100 companies with 100 to 500 employees
Clients have used the Bredin SMB Pulse for:
- New product assessment – e.g. features, bundles and pricing
- Ad / message testing – from positioning statements to creative feedback
- Content marketing – gathering data for infographics, white papers and other elements
- PR campaigns – collecting data for media programs
With the Bredin SMB Pulse, you can quickly and inexpensively:
- Assess brand, product or ad awareness
- Conduct longitudinal or tracking research
- Determine behaviors, usage or satisfaction
- Gather data for content marketing / PR campaigns
- Identify incidence levels
- Test ad, name, logo or product concepts
- Uncover competitive marketing activity, brand / product awareness, perception, satisfaction and purchase intent
How it works
- All survey respondents are principal decision-makers at non-home based companies, with a natural distribution by location and industry.
- The Bredin SMB Pulse is fielded the third week of each month. Questions are due in Word format by 5pm Eastern on the second Thursday of each month.
- You can submit questions in a variety of formats such as yes/no, single and multiple select, ranking, rating or open-ended. Each question can have up to five response options.
- Questions can include simple branching, skipping or piping. More complex question types can be coded for an additional fee.
- JPEG or GIF images can be included for $150 each. The maximum file size is 60K, and maximum image dimensions are 600x800 pixels.
- You’ll receive an Excel data file and standard cross-tabs. We provide firmographic data on respondent age, gender and title as well as industry, company size, years in business and growth rate.
- Customized cross-tabs and data files are available for an additional fee.
- Open-ended responses will be included in the data file. Coding is available for an additional fee.
- Custom surveys with larger or different panel composition or other response and data analysis options are available for an additional fee.
Pricing and timing
You can add 10 questions to the SMB Pulse for $12,500. To participate in the SMB Pulse, just send us an email.
|Wave||Questions due||Survey fielded||Data provided|
|February||Booked||2/12-16||5pm Friday 2/23|
|March||Booked||3/12-16||5pm Friday 3/23|
|April||5pmE Thursday 4/12||4/16-20||5pm Friday 4/27|
|May||5pmE Thursday 5/10||5/14-18||5pm Friday 5/25|
|June||5pmE Thursday 6/14||6/18-22||5pm Friday 6/29|
|July||5pmE Thursday 7/12||7/16-20||5pm Friday 7/27|
|August||5pmE Thursday 8/9||8/13-17||5pm Friday 8/24|
|September||5pmE Thursday 9/13||9/17-21||5pm Friday 9/28|
|October||5pmE Thursday 10/11||10/15-19||5pm Friday 10/26|
|November||5pmE Thursday 11/1||11/5-9||5pm Friday 11/16|
|December||5pmE Thursday 12/6||12/10-14||5pm Friday 12/21|
If you need quick qualitative insights, check out the Bredin Voice of Small Business.