The Bredin SMB Pulse
The Bredin SMB Pulse omnibus survey provides monthly research on a representative national sample of small and midsized businesses (SMBs). This shared-cost research provides fast, cost-effective survey results when you don’t have the time, budget or need for a full custom research study.
Each month, the Bredin SMB Pulse survey delivers responses from 500 principals – such as owners, founders, managing directors, partners, CEOs and presidents – at:
- 250 companies with 1 to 19 employees
- 150 companies with 20 to 99 employees
- 100 companies with 100 to 500 employees
With the Bredin SMB Pulse, you can quickly and inexpensively:
- Assess brand, product or ad awareness
- Conduct longitudinal or tracking research
- Determine behaviors, usage or satisfaction
- Generate data for high-value content marketing, social and / or PR campaigns; or for collateral development
- Get reactions to new product features, bundles and pricing
- Identify purchase drivers
- Test ad, message, name, logo or product concepts
- Uncover competitive marketing activity, brand / product perception, usage, satisfaction and purchase intent
How it works
- The Bredin SMB Pulse is fielded the third week of each month. Questions are due by 5pm Eastern on the second Thursday of each month.
- You can submit questions in a variety of formats such as yes/no, single and multiple select, ranking, rating or open-ended. Questions can include simple branching, skipping or piping.
- JPEG or GIF images can be included for $150 each. The maximum file size is 60K, and maximum image dimensions are 600x800 pixels.
- Customized cross-tabs and data files are available for an additional fee.
- Open-ended responses will be included in the data file. Coding is available for an additional fee.
What you get
- As much assistance developing or reviewing your questionnaire as you would like
- Fielding status updates
- Raw survey data, at your request (Excel format)
- A PowerPoint deck with summary slides and significance test results for each question, including by company size (headcount and revenue), age, industry, location (state and urban vs rural) and growth outlook; as well as the respondent age and gender.
- A conference call walk-through of the survey results
- Bredin can also develop marketing or sales support content such as articles, blog posts, collateral, infographics, interactive tools and webcasts – based on your Pulse data. We can also host webcasts presenting your research results.
Pricing and timing
You can add 10 questions to the SMB Pulse for $12,500 (save $3,000 by booking before the price increase on May 1). To participate in the SMB Pulse, just send us an email.
|Wave||Questions due||Survey fielded||Data provided|
|March||Booked||3/12-16||5pm Friday 3/23|
|April||5pmE Thursday 4/12||4/16-20||5pm Friday 4/27|
|May||5pmE Thursday 5/10||5/14-18||5pm Friday 5/25|
|June||5pmE Thursday 6/14||6/18-22||5pm Friday 6/29|
|July||5pmE Thursday 7/12||7/16-20||5pm Friday 7/27|
|August||5pmE Thursday 8/9||8/13-17||5pm Friday 8/24|
|September||5pmE Thursday 9/13||9/17-21||5pm Friday 9/28|
|October||5pmE Thursday 10/11||10/15-19||5pm Friday 10/26|
|November||5pmE Thursday 11/1||11/5-9||5pm Friday 11/16|
|December||5pmE Thursday 12/6||12/10-14||5pm Friday 12/21|
If you need quick qualitative insights, check out the Bredin Voice of Small Business.