Original, Actionable Market Research
Effective SMB marketing begins with an in-depth understanding of your target: attitudes, motivations, preferences, perceptions, intentions, opinions, segments and more.
Bredin has 20 years of experience developing highly-effective market research programs exclusively for clients targeting the SMB segment.
Our research helps clients understand SMB:
- Ad concept perceptions
- Attitudes and usage
- Brand awareness / perception / purchase intent
- Business / economic outlook
- Communications preferences / testing
- Competitive perceptions
- Customer satisfaction / loyalty
- Day-to-day needs and concerns
- Market segmentation
- Media behaviors and preferences
- Message and positioning testing
- New product opportunities
- Personas and buyer journeys
- Purchase behaviors and preferences
- Reaction to potential marketing partnerships
- Site perceptions / user experience
We provide insight to inform marketing program and product development, as well as to enhance our clients' visibility among SMBs.
Full Custom Research
We are highly skilled at:
- Recommending research formats that work best for SMBs and your strategic goals.
- Developing questionnaires that resonate with entrepreneurs. We speak the language entrepreneurs are comfortable with, based on our long experience developing SMB communication programs.
- Providing actionable research results. We understand that research is only valuable if it leads to profitable marketplace actions.
- Developing research-based marketing or sales support content, where relevant. We are unique in our ability to plan research with the end content in mind. We develop questions that will elicit good copy points, and there is no knowledge loss from the research firm to the creative agency.
- Qualitative market research through one-on-one conversations, and live and online focus groups to obtain a real-world understanding of SMB and sales force preferences, motivations and drivers. These insights translate into identification of strategic business opportunities, including improved customer acquisition and loyalty, and increased competitive advantage.
- Quantitative market research and advanced statistical analyses to assess customer or prospect needs, attitudes, preferences and behaviors; identify key market segments and personas; clarify competitive positioning; and provide other key market insights. We recommend the research format, develop data collection methods, conduct the research, analyze the data and provide customized recommendations based on insights gained through the research.
We’d love to discuss your research needs. Contact us for a consultation.
If you want to take advantage of fast-moving developments in the small business market – such as governmental, tax, trade, interest rate, policy or regulatory changes; or natural or man-made disasters, major mergers or new product offerings etc. – Bredin can generate data from you in just four business days via the Small Business Snap Poll. It's a quick, survey of 300 principals of a representative sample of U.S. companies with fewer than 100 employees.
The Snap Poll runs on your schedule; we'll field it as soon as your five questions are ready. You get topline data the day fielding closes, and a full PowerPoint summary with your data significance-tested across nine firmographic variables a week later.
SMB Pulse Omnibus Surveys
When you don’t have the time, budget or need for full custom quantitative research, our shared-client Pulse surveys provide fast, inexpensive research. You submit 10 questions and get data within three weeks of launch, including summary results and detailed crosstabs on nine firmographic criteria.
The Pulse surveys are perfect for:
- New product assessment – e.g. features, user experience, bundles, pricing
- Media assessment – determine how best to reach your target
- Creative testing – from positioning statements to messaging and creative feedback
- Content marketing – gathering data for infographics, white papers and other formats
- Social media – generating data for posts on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and elsewhere
- PR campaigns – collecting data or creating indexes for media programs and communications
The Bredin SMB Pulse
The Bredin SMB Pulse surveys 500 U.S. SMB principals each month. It’s the most cost-effective way to get insight on the sentiment, pain points and preferences of U.S. SMBs. Learn more about the Bredin SMB Pulse.
Role-specific Pulse surveys
When you need insight into the perspectives and needs of specific SMB decision-makers, we have you covered with these quarterly shared-client surveys:
The Bredin SMB Finance Pulse Surveys 500 U.S. SMB financial decision-makers, such as owners, CFOs, controllers, and VPs and directors of finance. For assessing the financial needs of America's small businesses or their response to new banking and payments tools, it can't be beat. Learn more.
The Bredin SMB HR Pulse Surveys 500 U.S. SMB HR decision-makers, such as owners, CHROs, and VPs and directors of HR. If you provide hiring, recruiting, staffing, payroll, benefits or other HR services, or can benefit from understanding the direction, preferences and needs of HR management at SMBs, the Bredin SMB HR Pulse is a fast, highly affordable way to get actionable insight. Learn more.
The Bredin SMB IT PulseSurveys 500 U.S. SMB IT decision-makers, such as owners, CIOs, VPs and directors of IT, and systems administrators. It's an unmatched survey tool for getting fast, actionable insights if you provide software, hardware, cloud applications, or technical support and services to SMBs. Learn more.
The Bredin SMB Marketer PulseSurveys 500 U.S. SMB marketing decision-makers. These directors and VPs of marketing, CMOs and business owners buy marketing services such as paid search, local directory listings, email marketing, CRM / marketing automation, analytics packages, and website hosting. Learn more.
Compare the Pulse surveys
|The Bredin SMB Pulse||Monthly||500 U.S. SMB principals (e.g., founders, owners, CEOs, presidents)|
|The Bredin SMB Finance Pulse||Quarterly||500 U.S. SMB financial decison-makers (e.g., owners, CFOs, VPs of finance, controllers)|
|The Bredin SMB HR Pulse||Quarterly||500 U.S. SMB HR decison-makers (e.g., owners, CHROs, VPs and directors of HR)|
|The Bredin SMB IT Pulse||Quarterly||500 U.S. SMB IT decison-makers (e.g., owners, CIOs, VPs and directors of IT)|
|The Bredin SMB Marketer Pulse||Quarterly||500 U.S. SMB marketing decison-makers (e.g., owners, CMOs, VPs and directors of marketing)|